Wash hands wear a mask watch your distance
Academics MENU

Fall 2021 online Registration Information

Registration for the Fall 2021 semester is currently underway online.

Registration at https://mystate.wvstateu.edu/ will be open at 7 AM on these dates:

Monday, March 15, 2021   - Undergraduate students with 90 or more credit hours (Seniors), Honors Students, Veterans, Athletes, Graduate & Post Grad Students.  Online only students.

Tuesday, March 16, 2021 Undergraduate students with 60-89 credit hours (Juniors)

Wednesday, March 17, 2021 -  Undergraduate students with 30-59 credit hours (Sophomores)

Monday, March 22, 2021 - Undergraduate students with 29 credits or fewer

You will be able to register at https://mystate.wvstateu.edu if you have met the following:
1.      You have been advised and have received a registration PIN from your advisor
2.      You have resolved all registration holds (see below for notes on holds)
3.      It is your time to register

The steps that follow outline how to complete your advising and registration remotely.  You can be advised and register for courses without visiting campus:


Step 1:  Before Advising
It is best to have a schedule planned before you reach out to an advisor

Visit the FYACC website: http://www.wvstateu.edu/Academics/First-Year-Academic-Advising-Center.aspx. Here you will find links containing the tools you will need to complete your schedule, such as the Catalog, General Education (GED) class form, the ADD/DROP registration form, and the class schedules. 

View MyDegree (this is accessed through the MyState portal) to determine which courses you need to complete to satisfy degree requirements.  Use this information in combination with the class schedule to develop a general outline of your schedule for Fall 2021. Take note of the class CRN numbers.  You will use these later for registration.

Step 2:  Contacting your Advisor
You will need to email your academic advisor to set up an advising session via skype, email, or phone.  

Your advisor’s name is listed in your MyState. In order to access where this is listed, first, go to your MyState >> Student & Financial Aid >> Student Records >> View Student Information. Your advisor’s name will be listed here. Advisor contact information can be found on the WVSU website. If no advisor is listed, please contact the FYAAC office, Fyaac@wvstateu.edu and they will assign an advisor for you.
Step 3: Advising
Your advisor will discuss your schedule with you. The academic advisor will give you a registration PIN after they have completed your advising.  Faculty will get the PIN from their academic or dean’s clerical staff.



Now that you have been advised and have your PIN you can now register.

How to register with MyState and to look up courses on the school’s website; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymFNu2A4P7s&feature=youtu.be

Choose your classes by selecting days, times, etc. from the class schedules list (LINKED at FYAAC webpage) https://www.wvstateu.edu/academics/class-schedules.aspx .  Be sure to note the CRN. Also, check the Status column on the schedule to make sure your classes are open. If not, you may need to adjust your selection or obtain permission (see note on permission).

If you have no problems registering for these courses - congratulations - you are done!


1.      Admissions Holds - Please contact admissions@wvstateu.edu to resolve the hold
2.      Cashier Holds - Please contact cashier@wvstateu.edu for payment instructions
3.      Veteran Holds - Please contact wshambli@wvstateu.edu for special registration assistance for Veteran Students/Veteran Dependants
PERMISSION for closed courses and PREREQUISITE errors:
In lieu of an add/drop form, the registrar’s office will accept forwarded campus emails to register students in courses that require permission or prerequisite override.
1.      Closed Courses - Students can request entrance to closed courses via email to the course instructor and then forward the response to registration@wvstateu.edu. Requests must include course subject, number, CRN, and the requesting student’s A-number.
2.      Prerequisite Errors - Students can request an override for a prerequisite requirement by emailing a request to their academic advisor and then forward the response to registratioN@wvstateu.edu. Requests must include course subject, number, CRN, and the requesting student’s A-number.
Registration PIN reset: If your PIN is no longer working because of our academic policies, just email your academic advisor and they will contact Fyaac@wvstateu.edu for a new PIN. The academic advisor will email you your new academic one-day PIN. (PIN Process is explained and linked at the FYAAC webpage). 


Registration & Records
West Virginia State University

Scroll to Top