Online registration is available for continuing, returning (readmitted), and transfer students. Transient students (or their representatives) must register in person at the Office of Registration and Records in 128 Ferrell Hall.
Online registration for Summer Session 2012 will take place concurrently with open registration for Spring Semester 2012 from November 14 through January 11 and continuing from January 13 through the first day of class for each session (May 21 for the 3-week session and June 11 for the 6-week session).
In order to register online for Summer Session 2012, a student must be fully admitted and have seen an academic advisor and received a registration PIN. Registration PINs change each semester—you need to obtain a new one from your academic advisor each semester (the PIN for Spring Semester is also the PIN for Summer Session). If you have not seen your advisor, do so immediately.
1. If you have not seen your advisor, contact the office of your department or programimmediatelyto determine whether they have your Registration PIN. If theydo nothave your registration PIN number,contact the College Office of your major department to see where your PIN number has been sent.
College of Arts & Humanities 201 Davis Fine Arts 304-766-3196
College of Business & Social Sciences 112 Hill Hall 304-766-3065
College of Natural Science & Mathematics 101 Hamblin Hall 304-766-3102
College of Professional Studies 520 Wallace Hall 304-766-3081
2. Once you have determined that your department has your Registration PIN, see your advisor to review your course needs. At the end of your advising session, you will be given your Registration PIN and registration time slots.
3. When you have obtained your Registration PIN, prepare a worksheet which contains
a. your LDAP ID (A#) and LDAP Password (the numbers used to access MyState)
b. your Registration PIN for the upcoming term
c. the index numbers (the 4-digit CRN) for all of the classes you intend to take
d. index numbers for alternative classes
4. With this worksheet in hand, proceed to register online using MyState.
5. Print out a copy of your schedule for your records.
Important: When you register online you will have15 minutesto complete your registration—the system will end your session when you reach your time limit. Before you end your registration session, be sure that youSUBMITyour new classes (You may also SUBMIT each class as you register for it). If you exit or are timed out before you submit your classes, you will lose what you have entered and will have to restart the registration process.
To Register Online: Go to www.mystate.wvstateu.edu and follow the directions on the screen.
If your LDAP PIN is your birthdate, please note that the number sequenceis mmddyy.
Students should routinely monitor all of their records through MyState. In particular, whenever a student takes an action which is entered into the data system—adds/drops classes, generates/pays a bill, changes a major, earns a grade, etc.—the student should confirm the accuracy of this action by checking the record in MyState.