WVSU students will tell you that there's a lot to love about their university ... from the many opportunities to learn and grow ... to the faculty and staff who support them on their journey to a successful future.
- WVSU is located just a few miles from Charleston, the capital of West Virginia, and within easy driving distance from major cities in five bordering states.
- With 3,166 students and a student faculty ratio of 17:1, students are able to learn in a comfortable, supportive environment, while experiencing the opportunities associated with a much larger university.
- You'll love our campus, a beautiful setting with lots of green space and a great quad area for studying outside in the fresh air, or tossing around a football with newfound friends.
- Founded in 1891 as an Historically Black College, WVSU has evolved to serve a population that is richly diverse in ethnicity, geography, residential/communter, high school graduates and adult learners.
- WVSU graduates can be found in positions of leadership and public service throughout West Virginia and the world.
Take the next step in your education by discovering the WVSU difference. Be part of a campus environment that has a rich history and a culture of active alumni support, while pursuing your dreams with the help of a faculty dedicated to your success.