June 6-10, 2016, and June 13-17, 2016
During his distinguished tenure as a coach at West Virginia State University, Grant S. Gray conducted a Summer Youth Program to educate and empower youth from the local community in a fun, safe environment. Now, thanks to the generosity of William “Weegee” Sawyers, the Coach Grant S. Gray and William “Weegee” Sawyers Summer Youth Program will be launched at West Virginia State University this June.
• Two one-week day camp sessions Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lunch provided daily.
• Mornings devoted to academic enrichment activities in areas such as science, mathematics, art, technology, business and agriculture.
• Afternoons featuring sports activities focused on increasing endurance, strength and flexibility.
• The program will be open to 50 youths per week, ages 7 to 14, residing in Kanawha County.
• Special consideration given to those from Institute, Dunbar and Nitro.
Thank you for your interest in the Coach Grant Gray Summer Youth Program. Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting applications. If you have any questions as it relates to the program please contact Chris Jackson at (304) 766-3107 or email@example.com.