West Virginia State University | West Virginia State University
A student who officially withdraws from the University (i.e., drops all classes) through the Office of Registration and Records or is administratively withdrawn from the University prior to completing 50% of a semester is entitled to a partial refund of that semester's tuition/fees. 

The date of withdrawal is the actual date the student notifies the Office of Registration of withdrawal or the midpoint (50% point) of the semester for a student who leaves without notifying the institution.
The institutional refund schedule is as follows:
  • A student is entitled to a one hundred percent (100%) refund of the charges up to the extended add/drop date specified on the academic calendar.
  • A student who begins a term and withdraws after completing up to ten percent (10%) of the term is entitled to a refund of ninety percent (90%) of the charges.
  • A student who withdraws after completing ten percent (10%) through twenty-five percent (25%) of the term is entitled to a refund of fifty percent (50%) of the charges.
  • A student who withdraws after completing more than fifty percent (50%) of the term is not entitled to a refund.
This refund policy applies to all charges including tuition and fees, dining, and housing charges.

Any student who withdraws at any point during the semester is advised to consult with the Cashier's Office to determine whether there is a balance owed or a refund due. 

Note: Once classes begin, there is no refund for a reduced schedule.  The refund policy applies only when a student officially withdraws from ALL classes.

For a student receiving federal financial aid who withdraws before completion of 60% of the semester, the amount of federal financial aid earned will be calculated to the day according to the federal financial aid refund guidelines.  Unearned financial aid must be returned. When aid is returned, the student may owe a balance to the University, to the US Department of Education, or to both.  Any student receiving federal financial assistance should contact the Office of Student Financial Assistance before withdrawing from college or reducing the number of hours enrolled to determine the impact of these actions on his or her financial aid status.
©2016 West Virginia State University  |  P.O. Box 1000 Institute, WV 25112-1000  |  (800) 987-2112 | Mobile Site | Webmaster